50 minute consultation: $235.00
For more information on:
- Medicare rebates
- Assessments and reports
- Non attended session fees
Please call Chinwag on 1300 244 692
Dr. Aude Plontz
MPsych, PhD, MAPS.
I provide support to individual clients, couples, and families finding their way through a broad range of issues; from clients curious about how to bring more vibrancy or awareness into their lives, to clients struggling with entrenched feelings of depression or anxiety.
In my work, I uphold values of evidence-based and person-centred practice. I invite my clients to work with me in a collaborative manner from a humanistic perspective, exploring their personal choices and inner experiences with respect and sincerity and striving to adapt my approach to my clients’ preferences. I view psychological counselling as a process aimed at facilitating change in not only observable behaviours and habits of thinking, but also more fundamentally in what could subjectively be experienced as deep emotional or existential shifts. The main counselling methods I utilise are Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy (CBT; including exposure, relaxation, & mindfulness – based strategies, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy -ACT, and Schema Therapy) and Emotion-Focused Therapy. I also use interventions from Feedback-Informed Therapy, Narrative Therapy, Sensorimotor Psychotherapy, Solution-Focused Therapy, or Hypnotherapy.
My areas of special interest include:
- Chronic, entrenched, or pervasive feelings of depression or anxiety
- Obsessive and compulsive symptoms
- Trauma and abuse (including emotional abuse and other forms of relational trauma)
- Life transitions (including grief & loss, pregnancy and birth)
- Interpersonal difficulties (including work with couples)
- Clients with a culturally and linguistically diverse background (including clients with a refugee background or French or German-speaking clients)