50 minute consultation: $220.00
For more information on:
- Medicare rebates
- Reduced fees/bulk billing
- Assessments and reports
- Non attended session fees
Please call Chinwag on 1300 244 692
B.Psych (Hons 1st class), M.Clin.Psych, MAPS
I am passionate about supporting adults and older persons with a diverse range of mental health difficulties, including: depression, anxiety, ADHD, OCD, PTSD, BPD, Panic Disorder, Social Anxiety, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, gender dysphoria, stress management, loss and grief, trauma and eating disorders.
I work with clients who:
- Have experienced trauma
- Feel intense moments of sadness, irritability, and anxiety
- Often feel empty and have an unstable sense of who they are of what they truly believe
- Find themselves in relationships that are intense and unstable: loving and cherishing their partner one minute, then feeling anger, and needing space the next
- Worry about what others think of them
- When upset, threaten or engage in suicidal or self injurious behaviours (such as cutting, spending sprees, excessive use of alcohol or drugs)
My aim is to provide an empathic and supportive environment, which fosters personal insight, growth and positive change. I specialise in treating Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) and have undertaken specialist training in Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT), which is effective in regulating emotions, and treating chronic suicide attempts, suicidal ideation, urges to self-harm, and self-mutilation.
I also see clients who have issues around weight and eating and may:
- Constantly think about weight, food, calories and/or exercise
- Find it hard to stop eating, once they start
- Eat differently in private than in front of other people
- Avoid looking in mirrors or hide when a camera comes out
- Own a wardrobe that reflects a department store; a range of sizes for all
- Feel guilty or ashamed about what they have eaten
- Believe life will “begin” when they reach their goal weight
- Are considering weight loss surgery or have had surgery and are unhappy with the results
I embrace a Health-at-Every-Size (HAES) perspective, encouraging my clients to adopt lifestyle habits for the purpose of health and well-being, rather than weight control. Initial support for many of my clients consists of equipping them with mindfulness tools to reduce emotional eating, non-hungry eating, mindless eating, and cravings for sugar/carbohydrates. Longer term, I encourage my clients to explore what drives the negative attitudes and beliefs that keeps them locked into disordered eating behaviours, addictive patterns, and/or body dissatisfaction.
I also support clients who are considering or have undergone bariatric surgery (e.g., gastric sleeve, lap-band, bypass). Having worked alongside several bariatric surgeons, I am specialised in pre-operative assessments and advice, and more importantly, I am passionate in supporting clients long term throughout what is probably one of the most significant journeys in their life.